DATE AND TIME TO BE ANNOUNCED
COURSE TO BE ANNOUNCED
Transgrancanaria 360º info and characteristics:
- Transgrancanaria 360º is an individual, self-sufficiency challenge.
- It is intended to be completed before the time limit the organization will state.
- Participation in this challenge will be strictly individual.
- Participants must dominate some necessary techniques to be accepted in the race: orientation, capability of supporting drastic changes of weather conditions, ability to assist other runners in case of emergency, tolerance to fatigue and lack of sleep and food.
- The course will not be marked. The runners must follow the track that the organization will handle before the race.
- The challenge will be completed in self-sufficiency. Runners must plan their own resting periods and feeding hours. Along the course, they will have 5 full aid stations where they will be fed and have the chance to rest.
- Runners can purchase food and beverage in any other stores they have along the course.
- External assistance will only be allowed in the three aid stations. Any external assistance the runners receive during the track will be punished.
How can I participate in the 360º?
This is the protocol for the registration in Transgrancanaria 360º:
- As in the same of the rest of the races, you must have an account in Chronorace’s website.
- Once you log in with your email and password, select the race “Transgrancanaria HG” and, only if the registration period is open, the challenge 360º
- You must fill the generic form and we’ll also ask you to fill a specific, external form of the Transgrancanaria 360º.
- The runner will enter a waiting list which will be sorted by chronological order.
- The application will be submitted without paying the registration, as the organization will have 15 days to evaluate the runner’s candidacy.
- Once the runner is considered “accepted” for the 360º, they will receive an email stating a period of 10 days yo pay the registration. If the runner does not pay the registration in the indicated period, the candidacy will be denied.
- If the runner’s candidacy is “denied” or if it is recieved after the first 100 accepted candidacies, the runner will have the chance to register in any other race of Transgrancanaria if the registration period is open.
- The organization’s decision to consider a runner’s candidacy “accepted” or “denied” will be unappealable.
- Water cans/bags/tanks with a minimum capacity of 3 litres.
- Supply of emergency energising food.
- 2 flashlights with enough spare batteries for the duration of the challenge.
- Survival blanket (minimum size 140×210 cm)
- Cell phone with international roaming option (without hidden number)
- 1 charger (sun-powered, extra battery…) which will guarantee the autonomy of the cell phone and gps for the duration of the challenge.
- 1 long-sleeved unbreathable underwear
- 1 jacket and 1 pair of breathable, waterproof trousers
- 1 waterproof cape
- 1 pair of long sport trousers or leggins
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 pair of gloves
- 1 hat
- 1 rubbish bag
- 1 multi-use beaker
- 1 GPS in which all the tracks supplied by the organisation have been downloaded. This apparatus must be able to accept at least 20 tracks of at least 5000 points each.
- The Roadbook and the route maps supplied by the organisation
- A lightweight tent or survival shelter (100% rain and wind proof and large enough to shelter)
- A first-aid kit to allow the treatment of small injuries and minor infections
- Cash (euros €)
- ID, passport or driving license (with photo)
- Trekking poles
- Extra clothes
- Micropur tablets
- String, vaseline, sun-cream or anti chaffing cream.