Participation and Registration
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE IN THE WAA 360º?
This is the protocol for the registration in Transgrancanaria WAA 360º.
You must fill the race entry following this link. You will have a generic form and we’ll also ask you to fill a specific form of the Transgrancanaria WAA 360º.
The runner will pay the registration fee.
The organization will have 25 days to consider an application accepted or denied. If the request is denied, the organization will reimburse the total amount of the registration to the runner.
The organization’s decision to consider a runner’s candidacy “accepted” or “denied” will be unappealable. The race will also have the right to deny a race entry if the medical certificate is not correct.
The organization will close registration after reaching 200 accepted candidacies.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24th 2021
All the information about the route, profile, gps or aid starions will be available few days before the race start.
TRANSGRANCANARIA WAA 360º INFO AND CHARACTERISTICS:
Transgrancanaria 360º is an individual, self-sufficiency challenge.
It is intended to be completed before the time limit the organization will state.
Participation in this challenge will be strictly individual.
Participants must dominate some necessary techniques to be accepted in the race: orientation, capability of supporting drastic changes of weather conditions, ability to assist other runners in case of emergency, tolerance to fatigue and lack of sleep and food.
The course will not be marked. The runners must follow the track that the organization will handle before the race.
The challenge will be completed in self-sufficiency. Runners must plan their own resting periods and feeding hours. Along the course, they will have basecamps where they will be fed and have the chance to rest.
Runners can purchase food and beverage in any other stores they have along the course.
External assistance will only be allowed in the basecamps. Any external assistance the runners receive during the track will be punished.
All the transportations and shuttles fees provided by the organization will be included in the race entry.
ARTICLE 1: THE CHALLENGE
1.1 Transgrancanaria 360º is an individual, self-sufficiency challenge, with a high difficulty course and the finish line in Maspalomas.
1.2 It is intended to be completed before the time limit the organization will state.
1.3 Participation in this challenge will be strictly individual.
1.4 Participants must dominate some necessary techniques to be accepted in the race: orientation, the capability of supporting drastic changes of weather conditions, ability to assist other runners in case of emergency, tolerance to fatigue and lack of sleep and food.
1.5 The course will not be marked. The runners must follow the track that the organization will handle before the race.
1.6 The challenge will be completed in self-sufficiency. Runners must plan their own resting periods and feeding hours. Along the course, they will have basecamps where they may be fed and have the chance to rest.
Consult the complete regulation in the following LINK (Appendix 2)
Registered participants in the WAA 360º must present the document medical certificate filled and signed by a doctor. This form is valid for one year before the race unless it is necessary to modify it because of disease or injury. It must be uploaded to the registration site between 16 of June 2020 and 224th of January 2021.
Registration will not be ended or validated until the runner encloses the medical certificate and the organization confirms it. A paid race entry without a medical certificate will not be valid. The certificate will validate the participant’s capacity for the race.
DOWNLOAD THE MEDICAL FORM HERE.
Private Zone and Extra Services
- Water cans/bags/tanks with a minimum capacity of 3 litres.
- Supply of enough energetic food.
- 2 flashlights with enough spare batteries for the duration of the challenge.
- Red tail light (must be switched on during the whole day)
- Survival blanket (minimum size 140×210 cm)
- Cell phone with international roaming option (without hidden number)
- 1 charger (sun-powered, extra battery…) which will guarantee the autonomy of the cell phone and gps for the duration of the challenge.
- 1 long-sleeved unbreathable underwear
- 1 jacket and 1 pair of breathable, waterproof trousers
- 1 waterproof cape
- 1 pair of long sport trousers or leggins
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 pair of gloves
- 1 hat
- 1 rubbish bag
- 1 multi-use beaker
- 1 GPS in which all the tracks supplied by the organisation have been downloaded. This apparatus must be able to accept at least 20 tracks of at least 5000 points each.
- The Roadbook and the route maps supplied by the organisation
- A lightweight tent or survival shelter (100% rain and wind proof and large enough to shelter)
- A first-aid kit to allow the treatment of small injuries and minor infections
- Cash (euros €)
- ID, passport or driving license (with photo)
- Trekking poles
- Extra clothes
- Micropur tablets
- String, vaseline, sun-cream or anti chaffing cream.